Thursday, July 22, 2004
The Edwards Come To Town
The Monday morning meeting ended with an announcement that John and Elizabeth Edwards would be making their first appearance in the office that day. At 11:30 we all headed up to the 7th floor to greet our new partners in this journey. Packed in among my co-horts, we lined the hallway with barely room for a path. When John and Elizabeth stepped out of the elevator an eruption of applause followed and lasted for 10 minutes. While they walked by shaking hands and greeting us, I felt my neck tingle and an excitment in the air. Here I was shaking hands with the next vice president of the United States. But is was less about the greatness of the honor, and more about the community I was getting to be a part of. We were all sharing this together. With a singleness of purpose the last year and a half of democratic struggling had brought us all to this one place. This union of spirits for the common good.
As warriors and vigulents we looked on at these two people, John & Elizabeth, and welcomed them home.
I remember walking into the office the week before. I went to sit down and was greeted with. "Did you hear the news". That morning the office was a flurry of feelings as we all stood around the TV watching the layout happen. What a great feeling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment