Friday, January 07, 2005

Lolita

I'm sitting for the second time in two days, at one of the most insteresting coffee shops I think I've been to here in the city. When my friend and I walked in yesterday, it was a scene out of some sit com show where everyone in the resturant is suddenly quite and stairs at you. Well, it was a lot like that. I couldn't believe the number of sets of eyes fixated on me when I walked in yeterday.

It could be that fact that out of the dozen or so people in the coffee shop, no one was sitting with ayone else. Everyone was sitting with there back to a wall and was busily typing away on their laptops. It seemed like a dozen seperate offices all under this one little roof. As I type, I'm the only one in the entire store sitting facing the wall. It's like I'm in a library with coffee.

I'm sitting here with Lolita my friend from school who is obsessing over the loss of her gay boyfriend. He'll be back, but she's missing him dearliy. She say sentences in terms of "we". We like to take the dog here, We don't like eating at that cafe..the foods gross". Are you dating him? No, but we hang out all the time. Oh, I see, he's your gay boyfriend. It all makes sense now. While he's gone, maybe you should take some time to analyze your relationship with him.

"Can I do that while I'm sleeping at his place and in his bed", she asks
"Probably not so easliy" I replied

"I don't think my shrink approves of him very much"
"I should guess not"

It's tough having a gay boyfriend

No comments: